Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

The Selection

This has been Book Fair week.  The only thing I can say I like about it besides giving my kids an opportunity to buy some cool books (which most choose to buy the trinkets) is that it gives me an opportunity to check out some great reads during the lulls.  I was able to read The Selection & Spookygirl.  Both books I greatly enjoyed.  

I am now a huge fan of The Selection by Kiera Cass.  If you liked the Hunger Games and Divergent, give this one a try.  Again, this book is dystopian, as most are these days.  In this society, there is a distinct social caste system.  America, the main character is a singer/musician, which is a lower caste. She is in love with a boy who is in a caste below her.  They are in love but he encourages her to enter The Selection, a competition for young women to compete to be the wife of the crown prince, because he knows he will never be able to provide for her.  She does it for him and she ends up getting chosen.  Read the first in this trilogy to find out what happens next.  FABULOUS!  Definitely a 7th grade and up book.  I'm waiting for book fair to be over so I can get the book downloaded onto my Kindle so I can read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment