Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Into the Dark Book #1: The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain

I admit that I am a sucker for anything that has romantic tones.  When I read the summary for the digital ARC (preview copy) I thought I'd give it a whirl.  It centered around mythology and my students are always looking for the next Rick Riordanesque book.  I can't say it was anything like Rick Riordan.  I can, however, say that it was more of Rick Riordan meets Stephanie Meyers/Maggie Stiefvater,  Into the Dark in one word is FABULOUS!  It had action, forbidden romance (that intense soul mate thing) and Greek mythology wrapped in a modern day package.

So here's the quick summary:  Haden is the son of the the King of the Underworld (not Hades, he has been killed).  He's not the favored son but the Oracle chose him (Haden) over his twin brother to go on a quest to bring back a girl, who is the key to bringing back stability and power to the underworld.  Daphne is an aspiring musician.  She has the voice and can hear music in everything.  She lives with her mother in Utah until her father, a famous rock star brings her to Olympic Hills to go to a special music school.  Little does Daphne know that she's the person Haden has to bring back to the Underworld.  She has to go willingly.  Will Haden be able to get her to trust him?  Will he be successful in his quest?  Check this book out March 11, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment