Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Welcome!

I went to a great mini conference hosted by our district and our public library system.  It was so incredible.  I have been in the library business for about 10 years now and it never ceases to amaze me how much I learn from my peers.  I have my own personal blog which I used to post regularly and I saw the power and impact it had to connect to others.  Now, I have seen some of my colleagues do the same and I want to provide that connection to my Wood community, students and faculty in a non-traditional format.  I hope this blog will provide updates, book reviews and links to some great curriculum ideas (thanks Irene!).  I hope to have students post their reviews of books or maybe a community person wants to guest blog.

I have always felt that the library is more than a place to get books.  The library is an extension of not only the classroom but the world.  It opens to door to exploration.  It's a safe place to figure out the world around us.  I hope it will provide us with opportunity to share knowledge and experiences that we can take with us in life.  So, here is to my first experiment.  I'm dipping my toe into the blogging world of educators.  My goal is to post at least once a week with the good, the bad, and the stuff we can learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment