Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Elf on a library shelf


My 5 year old daughter is early awaiting the return of our elf on the shelf named Cookie.  He appears the day after Thanksgiving.  She loves searching for him every morning and her behavior seems a lot better because of Cookie.  I was talking to her about Cookie and an idea popped into my head.  Wouldn't it be cool to have a library elf on a shelf and have some sort of contest to have kids come in and eagerly look for him?  I have learned that there are a lot of similarities between kinder and middle school kids.  I think they would totally get excited about searching for our library elf, which I believe I will call Langston.  I am going to have him in different parts of the library reading a different book a day.  The contest will be the question of "What is Langston reading?"  I have created a google form which I have embedded on my library guide (course I will have to change it daily, no biggie).  And I will draw one from the correct entries and they can pick from my treasure box of goodies (oriental trading stuff, free fine coupons, preview books, etc.).  I'm hoping it will get people into the library and maybe they'll want to check out a book.  We shall see.  I'm starting it when we get back from Thanksgiving Break.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment